We install Composite and Pressure treated decks.
We Service Hartford, Middlesex & New London Counties
I have worked with Gene on many occasions. Great to work with and does a great job
There usually are clear signs when a deck is at the end of its life span. The deck frame begins to sag as rot makes the wood susceptible to termites. Termites eat their way through the wood, creating channels that allow water to seep in and accelerate the rotting process. This makes the wood even more vulnerable to termites, and starts an accelerating decay process that usually occurs throughout the entire substructure. Other factors that wear on the deck is the weather. Snow, rain, and extreme heat are the most damaging aspects that contribute to the life of your deck. Common signs you can look for that indicate the deck is at the end of its life span include:
1) Railing posts that are weak or loose
2) Nails and screws do not hold when secured into the frame members
3) Rot is visible around the outer edges of the deck frame
4) Deck surface is spongy to walk on
5) Deck has soft spots that give when walked on
Full composite deck with Azek decking
Deck around a pool
Some more examples
Call us for a free consultation.
5 Star rated